QUIDEL SOFIA 2 Analyzer
QUIDEL SOFIA 2 Analyzer
QUIDEL SOFIA 2 RAPID TEST ANALYZER
DIRECT SHIP FROM QUIDEL
Sofia 2 is a small bench top analyzer that uses advanced fluorescence detection with an ultraviolet LED energy source. Sofia 2 collects hundreds of data points on the test strip contained inside of a Sofia FIA Test Cassette. Sofia 2 uses proprietary algorithms to analyze the data, interpret the signals and determine the results automatically to give you an objective result you can rely on.
Sofia 2 offers an easy-to-use interface, customizable settings, flexible workflow, barcode technology and Virena® connectivity. Results are reported automatically on the screen and can be stored in Sofia 2, optionally printed on an external printer, or sent to Virena.
Sofia 2 has two modes that can be used depending on your workflow requirements.
Sofia 2 WALK AWAY mode may be most convenient for reading a single patient sample. In this mode, Advance Result Technology (ART) can provide results in as few as 3 minutes. The patient sample is dispensed into the Test Cassette and the Test Cassette is immediately placed in Sofia 2. Sofia 2 will automatically develop the Test Cassette for the required time period (pre-programmed for each test), scan the Test Cassette periodically, and display the test result.
Sofia 2 READ NOW mode may be most convenient for reading several patient samples. In this mode, the patient sample is dispensed into the Test Cassette. The user then manually times the development period outside of Sofia 2. This can be done on the counter or bench top using a timer.* Once the development time is complete, the Test Cassette is placed in Sofia 2 where it is immediately scanned and the test result is displayed within one (1) minute.
- Intuitive, fast and easy-to-use interface allows operators to quickly run patient samples or navigate stored data
- Eliminates operator to operator variability often associated with interpreting visually-read test results. Results are displayed on-screen, printed to an external printer, and/or sent to Virena effortlessly
- Optimized performance
- Offers flexibility by accommodating specific workflow demands
- No need for operator to wait for results
- Offers supervisors the ability to set access rights by operator to prevent unauthorized use or use by untrained operators
- Reduce time and errors associated with manually recording patient and operator ID
- Reduce time manually recording test results
- Can be used anywhere testing needs to be done