Alere BinaxNOW® RSV Card is an in vitro rapid immunochromatographic assay used to detect respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) fusion protein antigen in nasal wash and nasopharyngeal (NP) swab specimens from symptomatic patients. It is intended to aid in the diagnosis of RSV infections in patients under the age of 5. RSV is the most common cause of severe respiratory illness in young children. The BinaxNOW® RSV Card is one of the easiest tests to run on the market today and helps reduce the spread of infection.
Options of 10 or 22 tests per kit
- Valuable information can be obtained before hospital admission to help control the spread of RSV infections.
- Results are available in just 15 minutes.
- Requires limited hands-on time.
- Provides highly accurate results and includes built-in controls.
- Can be used with either nasal wash or nasopharyngeal swab samples.
- Parents can be given critical care instructions before leaving the pediatrician’s office.